Sunday, April 21, 2013

Making Changes/Moving Out


As I had mentioned in previous posts, I have gotten promoted. I finally sat down with my parents this evening to discuss me moving out and what options I have. I am in search of a studio apartment that isn't too far from where I live now. I'm not looking to commute to work. The less gas money, the better. I did some researching and with my expected pay (after taxes), it looks like I may be able to afford a place on my own. I never realized how much cheaper studios were compared to one bedroom apartments. I really don't need that much space. I also do not want a roommate. I am totally comfortable living on my own even if that means money will be tight.

My parents and I also discussed me getting my own phone plan. I am currently paying for my data and insurance on my phone each month (I also paid for my phone on my own) and I may switch to a different and much cheaper carrier. Virgin Mobile, I'm coming for you.

I keep dreaming of being able to hang things on my walls, find an old, Goodwill couch, and having so much more space to store all of my coffee mugs. It's going to be wonderful. 

Pinterest is helping me with potential home decor and DIY ideas.















Currently listening to:

All photos can be found on my Pinterest**

I just can't wait to have my own place. It's going to take awhile and a lot of money, but I want to do this so badly. And if it doesn't work out, I got the okay from my parents to move back in when I can't afford rent. Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment